Requirements for Bachelor of Arts in Applied Science
The degree requirements are based on guidelines established by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. All baccalaureate degrees contain at least 42 semester credit hours of general education courses. To qualify for the bachelor in applied arts and sciences, students must complete all of the following:
- An applied arts and sciences (AAS) degree,
- 42 semester credit hours in Core Curriculum*
- Major concentration upper level coursework (as specified in each program)
- A minimum of 120 semester hours.
- A minimum average of “C” (2.0) in all work. Transfer students must also have an average of “C” (2.0) in all work taken at Odessa College.
- Discharge of all financial obligations to Odessa College prior to graduation
*The 42 SCH of Core Curriculum is derived from the following component areas:
010 - Communication (6 SCH)
020 - Mathematics (3 SCH)
030 - Life and Physical Sciences (6 SCH)
040 - Language, Philosophy, and Culture (3 SCH)
050 - Creative Arts (3 SCH)
060 - American History (6 SCH)
070 - Government/ Political Science (6 SCH)
080 - Social and Behavioral Sciences (3 SCH)
090 - Component Area (6 SCH)
See Odessa College’s adopted core curriculum here .