First Class Free
The First Class Free discount waives standard tuition and fees for the first 3 credit hours taken at Odessa College. The discount applies to high school graduates taking their first class at Odessa College as well as transfer students taking their first class at Odessa College.
Senior Citizen Exemption
Students 65 years of age or older who are residents of Ector County qualify for exemption of tuition, student services fees, and activity fees for up to six (6) credit hours per semester on a space available basis.
OC Select is a new benefits program for Odessa College students that provides priority services and financial incentives to eligible students who commit to completing their educational goals at OC.
Benefits of OC Select
- 5% tuition and fees discount for each term enrolled in program;
- Dual Credit and Early College High School students not eligible for tuition discounts.
- Completion Bonus – cash bonus upon completion of certificate or degree program
- Priority financial aid and scholarship review and awarding
- Priority and automatic registration for future terms
To be eligible for membership in OC Select, students must:
- be currently enrolled at Odessa College;
- enrolled in 6 semester credit hours at Odessa College;
- maintain satisfactory academic progress (2.0 GPA);
- complete career assessment;
Tuition Tax Credits
Taxpayers may be eligible to claim the American Opportunity Credit against their federal income taxes. The credit may be claimed for the qualified tuition and related expenses of each student in the taxpayer’s family who is enrolled at least halftime in college. Taxpayers may claim up to $2500 per eligible student.
The Lifetime Learning Credit may also be claimed against federal income taxes. Up to $2000 may be claimed for out-of- pocket expenses for qualified tuition and related expenses for all of the students in the family. The 1098T tax form may be accessed from the Wrangler Portal. Contact a tax advisor for details about claiming tuition tax credits.